Monday, July 23, 2012

2nd attempt French Macaroons



My sister has been asking me for weeks now to make her macaroons. I can’t tolerate her 
kulitness, so to stop all her stress, I made her macaroons (almond, ube and chocolate flavour) 

I somehow perfected my macaroons. The shell was shiny and it was crunchy when you bite it. It’s just that my ube didn’t have a good texture I think it’s because my oven is too hot? 

I’m not so sure about that, but I’m just thinking of any possibilities that might help me in the future. Well I’ll let you guys know someday if I become a pastry chef. 

It was so rainy yesterday that I’m so lazy to get up in bed. But, I have to make macaroons for my sister because I made a promise. (A promise, is a promise) so here are the pictures 

almond macaroons 
BEFORE and AFTER
with white chocolate almond filling.










Ube macaroons 
BEFORE and AFTER
with ube white chocolate filling.

awwww, wasn't able to take a picture of the finish product.
dark chocolate macaroons. 
beautiful, isn't? ;)
finally, after 2nd attempt!:) back view of macaroons!:) 





















Dad said it was too sweet. I reduced the sugar already, but still, it was sweet. but hey, macaroons are sweet right? 

these luscious little desserts can be varied endlessly simply by adding different flavorings and coloring's. 

info about my baby macs :)


1. they are tiny and stylish sandwich cookies


2. made from almond flour, egg whites, granulated sugar and confectioners’ sugar (for the shells) 

3. They’re naturally filled with something from butter-cream to ganache, and the flavour and shade combinations are appealing as you can also flavor the shells.

4. What makes much-loved macaroons so extremely unique, in my belief, is the way every nibble is crunchy, chewy and rich all at once.

5.they're not hard to make. what makes it hard is the control of batter's consistency. You should take an extra care when mixing. Over mixing will result to a hard macs. 

6. failed macs looks like broken, dry, flat, or empty.  like this! (1st attempt) 




7. shells ewweee, i know, right? (1st attempt)












































































so, there you have it! always make sure, to use clean dry bowl every time you beat egg whites. (egg whites are best separated when cold, but best to whip when at room tempt) 
just a tiny drop of any liquid or egg yolk, can ruin your whole egg white. be careful!


i'm so happy:) big improvement right? i just love baking! 






-xac

No comments:

Post a Comment