Saturday, July 21, 2012

Mango Swiss Roll


It’s a rainy day today, indeed! I’m trapped at home. Can’t go elsewhere because of the awful weather.  My boyfriend and I suppose to hit the gym today. But sorrowfully, he called me and said that his class were suspended. And he should go home. For if not, he’ll be stranded because of the flood. L So here I am, doing this blog.

This afternoon, I decided to bake mango Swiss roll. Since I haven’t baked for a while now coz of the school stuff, now is the timeJ  I've been reading blogs about dessert, and unintentionally saw one of the blogger’s Swiss rolls. Gosh I was so stunned for what she did! Her Swiss roll actually has a blueprint! I’m so enthusiastic to make one too!

My 1st and 2nd attempt was such a failure! It didn’t look alluring at all. I can’t help myself but to ask what went wrong? I followed the recipe step-by-step, but why is my cake all ruined? The taste is there, the texture was nice. But, the output was uh? Why like this?

No, I won’t stop until I figured it out where did I made a mistake. I saw some mangoes in our kitchen, and it randomly popped in my mind to bake Swiss roll again for the 3rd time.

I prayed to God that please let my cake be a successful one. And he answered my prayer! J *always have faith! Keep the spirits high!

 Presenting, my Swiss Mango Cake. (I adjusted the recipe because the sugar level is so poisonous!!) 

I'm in a cloud nine right now. 

lalalalala I'm just so freakin'  

happy! finally, after my 3rd 

attempt! tatatadadada!:))

it was so light and airy. Not dry at 

all. one thing that i am concern 

about, 

is that I put too much Vanilla 

essence. I don't know if this was a 

good thing or not. oh, well

if you love Vanilla that much, 

then you won't notice it. but, I'm a strawberry lover :) so it just so happen that i noticed it. 

since it's my work, I can say that it's yummy! (i won't say it's a perfect 10 but for me it's around 

7)  need to improve more in rolling the cake. (you won't see the crack part because I hid it 

under) :) the filling i used is fresh mangoes + cream. you can never go wrong with cream 

because its so flexible. anything you pair with it, is surely a bomb! 




while waiting for my cake to bake, I just took a shot

with our Dog, flappy!:) he is so papansin! ;/ He kept

on barking. I think he missed me!:) 

So here, my sister and i are 

ready to  eat it!:) happy tummy!

another learning's for today. 

thank you God. 











Every time I fail, i don't think of it as a negative, I just thank God because he opens my door for improvement.

-xac

No comments:

Post a Comment