Thursday, November 8, 2012

revel bars and paper cakes

some of you guys doesn't know revel bars, me either, I just recently found out what they are. They are oatmeal base and topped with chocolates (can be a flavor of your choice) and top again with 

oatmeal mixture. (compose of flour, sugar, oatmeal, butter and eggs) mostly, the chocolate filling are pressed in between of the oatmeal mixture. well, personally, i'd like to use chocolates. It's 

very gooey, fudge y and melt in your mouth feel. I was exposed to this bar, because in our cafeteria at CSB-AKIC chef's station, my friends always bake this and sell for 25 pesos per slice.


I really liked the taste and crave for more every time I go there (controlling myself not to eat more, hello fats!) so I said to myself that I had to make these bars! pooof! taaaadaaaaa... my own version of revel bars!:) 

instead of sandwiching the chocolates to oatmeal mixture, i just decided to make a crumbs out of it, I don't know, just like it better that way. so here!:) i hope you crave!:)
also selling this for a box of 5. only for 150 pesos!:) big slices and super chocolateeeeyyyyy:)
grab em' now!:)
here's for packaging!:) 


moving on..... let's go to the other dessert. I just invent the name paper cake, well originally it's a crepe cake. layered crepe filled with pastry cream (traditional way) but I made my own version, 

For the filling, I used chocolate whipped ganache, and for the coatings, I used white chocolate ganache and dust with cocoa powder. the reason that i didn't used pastry cream (pastry cream is 

the one usually use for the fillings of cream puffs and eclairs.) because i'm scared that it gets rotten, because it's made out of milk and eggs. since i'm also selling this one, i must find a good substitute to it. 


7 layered crepe :) topped with candy sprinklers. 
see that layers?;) 
packed!

so here's for tonight!:) gotta sleep coz i still have OJT tomorrow at 6!:) thanks guys for supporting me all the way!:) please, don't get tired of me? thanks!!



No comments:

Post a Comment