Sunday, August 12, 2012

cake pops


Ya’ll know what’s the trend now? It’s....... CAKE POPS! Cake + lollipop = cake pops! So basically, it’s just a cake, forms into a ball, and inserted with a stick.
Of course, SWEETS FOR YOU should go after the trends, so that when a customer asks 

for it, I know how to make em’
guys, have you watch a video of cake pops in YOUTUBE? GOD! It’s freaking me out, imagine, they’ll put the WHOLE FROSTING (made with sugar) in cake crumbs?? Define 

*diabetes* gosh! There’s a LOT LOT LOT LOT of sugar in it! And I really hate it!! As I’ve seen in some website, 1 cake pops in U.S. = 240 calories! Oh my! I can’t stand it! Try watching it! And you’ll know what I’m talking about.

So, I told myself when I’m going to make it, I should organize the sugar level in it. Of course, I don’t want any of my customers to feel (umay) in my cake pops! I want them to eat as many as they can.

It’s so easy to make! You’ll just going to mash the cake (use a moist cake so that will be easier to form into a ball) while it’s HOT, meaning, mash it right away after BAKING. Then form into a ball, and then freeze it. Avoid over freezing it, it’ll be sweaty when its 

temperature goes down.
So basically, I cover the cake pops with chocolates. It’s more enticing, luscious and moist in texture. (It comes with different colours) Some people use fondant to cover their cake 

pops. I don’t like using it, for a fact that it’s too sweet, plus it’s not that mouth-watering. You won’t taste the flavour of the cake because the fondant/gum paste has a strong flavour of sweetness.


I tried making a pig, hello kitty and my own characterJ I'm not good in moulding, really. But I’m trying. Thought it’s not perfect in size or shape, that’s fine with me, at least I didn’t give up, and I know, there’s always a room for improvement. ;) So, here are the pictures! :) 

random thoughts in making these!

supposedly, I was gonna make teddy bear, 

but this thing, does not look like one;/ 

hahaha! still happy for the outcome though!:)

i call this eary! (e-ry) 













my pirated Hello Kitty.

I've been a fan of her since I was a kid, and

I'm so desperate to make one. 

:)

















butterfly with vermicelli sprinkles






















abstract 





















piggie!:) okay.. okay! I know it's messy! coz I had trouble 

with the eye it's too heavy ( I used gumpaste for 3D look only) 

favorite quotes that I read before, 

*i'll stop loving you when the pigs fly :)










open heart. *too wide! ;/ ugh!






















flower shaped with sprinkle ball.



*dirty nails, coz of black food coloring;/






















look at the stars, look how they shine for you, in everything that you do 

*yellow by coldplay!:)






















BEFORE and AFTER

*butter cake + brownies for cake pops.

*colored chocolate for coating

*toppings: candy sprinkles and gumpaste for 3D look




soo happy to make these babies! they're NOT sweet. I PROMISE! for sure, once you eat it, 

you'll ask for another pops again! :)) 


*should I open an on-line store? I'm planning on doing a fan page first and uploading some of my works, then i'll accept customize orders. what do you think?? 

*can I really do this? sigh.. HELP Me, GOD!

-xac









No comments:

Post a Comment