Saturday, August 25, 2012

fondant and gum paste


Don’t get frustrated and think that you can’t do things because it looks so complicated nor think that you don’t have talents for this kind of thing. Hey, you can PRACTICE! Practice makes perfect! I, myself don’t have any talents (literally) when it comes to drawing, crafting 

and moulding. Imagine, since when I was a little girl, I can ONLY draw power puff girls without getting these girls a distorted face! J I sorta professionalize it! J Even at the present, I can’t draw properly. Sometimes, it gets distorted, uneven size, chubby and ugly. 

I get jealous every time I see a doodle on my friends’ papers and I try to do it, but I really can’t. So I end up drawing a man stick! :)

Okay, enough about the drawings! What I really want to share with you guys is about fondant and gum paste. I know some of you guys are only familiar with fondant. But basically, these 2 are like cousins! One can’t stand alone. Why is this so? Okay, Fondant is
a dough-like glue very flexible. It can be rolled out and used to cover cakes, and cupcakes. The basic element for fondant is confectioners’ sugar with the addition of 

gelatine, corn syrup and glycerine to give a flexible sugary paste.
Fondant gives the cake a good-looking porcelain look surface that can be tinted, piped, and carved.  
While gum paste used mainly for hand modelling figures and can be rolled very slim for 

petal flowers, leaves and very meticulous decorations. It is related in consistency to fondant but it dries very solid, gum paste is an edible creation and taste very bland.
For me, I like fondant more because it’s very kind and won’t give you a hard time to knead. 

Plus, it’s more delicious than gum paste. I don’t recommend you to eat it! Because it is PURE sugar!
Moving on... yesterday, I was in the mood to play with this fondant and gum paste. Just like when we were kids? We used to play clay dough. Remember? So I got really excited 

and reminisce a little. *gosh! I felt really oldL *
I decided to make a 3D SpongeBob, Christmas tree, minions, flowers, and a boy + girl.
It was really exhausting, for the reason that you have to keep on kneading and cover it so 

that it won’t become firm. Plus, my fingers were like a rainbow. Haha! I kept on washing my hands to prevent mixing of other colors in my fondant. So here!

coz I miss boyfie;( *chocolate cupcake* 
huge fan of minions! half bodied. hahaha
my oh so fake and gulat sponge bob. *vanilla cupcake*

was not able to finish this!:( i was planning to fill this cupcake
with flowers so it'll look like a bouquet!


super advance Merry Christmas guys!:)

happy shalalalalallaa:))





 Believe that you have it, and you have it.
Latin Proverb




-xac

No comments:

Post a Comment