Friday, August 10, 2012

sansrival

 It was the 21st birthday of my boyfie last July 26. I surprised him by giving him a roses, and a sliced of chocolate cake + letter. J I was not even satisfied for my 

gifts coz it was just a rushed! I had a 30 minute- break, and from CSB hotel (AKIC) I took a ride (pedicab) just to go to a blossom shop next to yellow cab. I wanted to 

grant him something special; something that he can never disregard.
There was one night when he called me just to say that he was so sad because the 

Red Ribbon Bake Shop will no longer sell Sansrival (btw, his favourite) and I was like, huh?? Eh? Oohhhkkaaay???

Hahahaha! Really, I don’t know what I should feel that time. So, I just told him not to think about it anymore, and I’ll be the one who’ll make it for him. (Such a cutie baby!) J

So, since the classes were suspended last August 8, I decided to bake sansrival just for him! 





























upper left: that is raw meringue. basically, sansrival is just made out of egg whites, sugar, and nuts (I used walnuts) the texture should be crunchy, and should stick in your teeth once chewed. I achieved that:) hooraaay!

upper right: french butter cream. it's egg yolks, plus simple sugar syrup and butter plus, vanilla essence. I find this hard to make, because you need to be concise in the temperature of the syrup. that syrup will be the one to cook the yolks. it should reach around 230 degrees Fahrenheit or 108 degrees Celsius. what I've done is that i cooked longer the syrup closely to smoking point, just to give my butter cream a nutty flavor. then, lastly, mix it with softened butter.

lower left:  finished product. presenting, Sansrival with walnuts!:) I topped it with candles, just to celebrate his birthday! (me so sweet!!)

lower right: happy tummy!!! :)))) 


happy birthday to my boyfie! thanks for being there for me when I don't/need you! sorry for being mataray/moody. I can't promise you to be the perfect girl friend for you, but I promise you to be the best girl friend as I can be. :*

photo dump!:)

chained forever.

ang pangit mo babylove!

hally:) loveyou!!!


it's nice to know that someone actually appreciate your effort.



-xac

No comments:

Post a Comment