Thursday, August 9, 2012

cinnamon rolls


The sun is up so dazzling. I miss seeing you! I miss the warmth that you bring! I miss the light that you glow! Thanks for showing up again on us. Thank you God, for the conditions today. Let us all pray for those people who are in need and help them to pass these terrible nightmares.

A hot, delicious, soft and fresh cinnamon rolls is perfect for todayJ this morning, I woke up around 8, and can’t go back to bed anymore, so I just decided to bake cinnamon rolls, and besides, it’s my cousins request for her birthday! (I can’t resist this girl! I just so 

freakin’ love her!)  It was one of my gifts to her sweet 16th! :)
I’ve known this recipe since last term when I took up baking and pastry class. I love 

kneading dough! And it was really an accomplishment in building your own bread! Seeing the dough rise 

after resting for 1 hour is L-O-V-E. It doubles its sizes!

Tips when making breads:
1.    Always use fresh eggs.
2.    Use room temp water.
3.    Pour water on the yeast to activate it. (remember yeast is alive)
4.    Feed it with sugar
5.    Always add the salt last, if not, it will kill the yeast.
6.    Use 100% butter NOT margarine.
7.    Let the dough ferment (rise) before baking it. Its much faster to ferment in a room tempt area.
8.    When done fermenting, punch it to release excess gas. (carbon dioxide)
9.    Prevent over proof! It will look much dissimilar, flatter, disk like, and thick, hard to bake throughout.
10. And lastly, bake it. Serve it while its hot! :)

 here is a picture of a dough after fermenting. (not my own picture) just to give you guys an idea of what it looks like.

























 my cinnamon rolls!:)) see the filling ooze out? oh yeah! i added a bit of chocolate inside just to give it a little twist. it's very fluffy like a babies bumbum!:) hihihi! btw, i forgot to add the egg, good thing, i remembered it, and instantly mix it in the dough before resting it. glad it was a success!:) 

*happy birthday cousin! i love you very very much!! you know that! and, words are not enough to tell you how much grateful I am to have you!!!!! 

photo dump!:)



through the years that we've been together, i love you more each day.
cheers for our unending sistership/sisteret/sisterhood!:)


No comments:

Post a Comment